Sunday, July 15, 2007

FoxSaver 1.2 released!

After one week's hard work, we have re-engineered most part of the code. New features include:

• User can control display time.
  • Options to avoid starting in video sites, like youtube.com, video.google.com.
  • User can turn off special effects to save CPU usage.
  • Avoid multiple FoxSaver tabs issue.
  • Avoid possible memory leak.
  • Avoid starting in popup windows.

We are also working on new features, especially on adding new sources of pictures like flickr, and also pictures from your own hard drive.

Please leave a comment to let us know what you want, or simply show your support! We need your encouragement. :)

• This is very exciting. Keep rolling, I look forward to the next version.

By Blogger blaze, At July 16, 2007 12:18 AM

• Very nice program, but will disable until user can select their own pictures.

By Blogger Judy, At July 17, 2007 7:02 AM

• Judy, Thanks!

The release 1.2 is mostly fixing memory bugs. We are actually working on "user's onw pictures" the next release, supposedly next Sunday!

Thanks for your support!

Chris

By Blogger Chris, At July 17, 2007 9:46 AM

• I have a problem combining on the same profile this extension with Gmail notifier extension: when I use both, the Gmail notifier extension shows up all the icons instead of choosing the right one for the moment (red M, blue M...)

Is it possible to fix this bug in the next release?

By Blogger Fabio, At July 19, 2007 1:35 AM

• Hi Chris, I just installed FoxSaver, nice one!
    I see a lot of pictures coming back, maybe you like to have some pictures from http://www.Bramvo.net/fotogallerij

Offcourse all pictures made by myself..
    Please notify me on my guestbook if you're interested..

Bramvo.

By Blogger Bramvo.net, At July 19, 2007 6:09 AM

• It should set a password, and I want to download the pictures.

By Blogger l.jay, At July 19, 2007 6:13 AM

• Thanks for all the support!

Fabio, I will install Gmail Notifier to test it out. Our release is scheduled on this coming Sunday. Should have enough time to make it.

Bramvo, thanks for your pictures. They are really nice. Our only concern is that it may jam your server traffic, since every user will need to grab one from your server. We will be building a picture cache server soon. So we will take pictures from your site later on.

And we like to hear where you usually go for nice images. Drop us a line!

l.jay, password is kind of tough technically. Pictures will be downloaded to local disk cache in the coming release. You can grab it if you really like it. Later on, you can save it more easily.

Thanks! And again, drop us a line if you want to share a good source of pictures.

By Blogger Chris, At July 19, 2007 10:55 AM

• Thanks, waiting for news!
    Personally speaking, one of the best pic-website is deviantart, but I don't know about speed or bandwith of their servers...

ciao ciao
    Fabio

By Blogger Fabio, At July 19, 2007 3:57 PM

• Fabio, can you let me know mroe about your Gmail Notifier, like version, your OS, firefox version? I can not reproduce the problem here. A simple screenshot may save a lot of explaining.

You can send it to chris.lu at gmail.com

devianART looks cool. And they have rss feeds. Later on, we will add RSS capability, so it'll come to you directly.

Thanks a lot!

By Blogger Chris, At July 19, 2007 4:45 PM

• screenshot

OS: Windows XP SP2
    GMN version: 0.53
    FF version: 2.0.0.5

see you

By Blogger Fabio, At July 23, 2007 6:52 AM

• This is the greatest screensaver ever!!!

But,
    when is a function for "enter a password" available, when i am not in close to my notebook?

Bye...