Sunday, July 29, 2007

FoxSaver 1.3.2 Released!

This release fixed errors that causes extension conflicts. Also added options to hide the status bar and foxsaver logo. The sidebar in fullscreen mode is also hided.

If you feel annoyed by FoxSaver in any way, please let us know!

• Thank you, it looks like working now!
    I had to deactivate all my extensions and then reactivate them one by one to make it work, but now it's ok.

Just one thing left: is it normal that my FoxSaver starts always with the same pic any time (two birds) and shows the pictures always in the same order?

Is it possible to shuffle the pictures of your database to make it somehow various?

Thanks again, good job!
    Fabio

By Blogger Fabio, At July 30, 2007 3:17 AM

• Thanks. Currently when FoxSaver starts, the first round it'll be in the order the pictures are downloaded. The following rounds will be random.

We will follow your suggestion to change the behavior, to make it more random and less boring.

By Blogger Chris, At July 30, 2007 10:59 AM

• I'd like to see the photo rss feature in the next release. I also want to have a way to save the pics to my local disk.

By Blogger blaze, At July 30, 2007 11:21 AM

• How can I remove Fox Saver from my system

By Blogger Andrew, At July 30, 2007 2:37 PM

• Andrew, You can go to "Tools"->"Add-ons"->FoxSaver->Uninstall.

But please do let us know why you don't like FoxSaver, so we can improve it.

By Blogger Chris, At July 30, 2007 3:20 PM

• Who is the artist that is shown on the mozilla firefox add-ons page (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5276).
    It is a painting of two people in a sunlit marsh or meadow. Thanks

By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 31, 2007 6:46 AM

• The artist's album is here

FoxSaver is trying to get into a nice UI to render more information about the pictures.

By Blogger Chris, At July 31, 2007 9:55 AM

• Thanks for this nice Add-on. I like the feature that shows my fotos. But FoxSaver stopps working after some pictures. I didn't count them, but I think that this happpens after 80 - 100 pictures. No other picture is than loaded, no loop to the first picture.
    Also it would be nice to have something like "random", like Fabio mentioned before.
    Thanks
    Joachim

By Anonymous Joachim, At August 1, 2007 10:36 PM

• Thanks for using FoxSaver. Not exactly sure about the stopping problem, but we have some fixes already and ready for release next Sunday. The "random" feature is also added in the next release.

BTW: we are working on RSS features. So if you publish pictures on some sites, you can use RSS to get it shown and updated on everywhere, like office, home, your parents' computers.

By Blogger Chris, At August 2, 2007 2:28 AM

• Great extension although I think it has a conflict with All-in-one(AIO) Sidebar. After I exit the SS mode I can not open the sidebar nor can I resize it unless I restart the browser. I have "enable Thin sidebar switch" in AIO. Otherwise I like FoxSaver.

By Anonymous lhb1, At August 3, 2007 1:26 PM

• lhb1, thanks for your detailed information! I am able to reproduce this problem. Maybe AIO sidebar did something special. We will try to avoid any conflicts. But if there is one, we can have an option not to "automatically hide sidebar", which is much easier for us to do.

Thanks a lot for this bug report!

By Blogger Chris, At August 3, 2007 2:48 PM

• Under my Ubuntu Linux photos from My Pictures Directory doesn't want to load and I don't know why :( Why? How can I read any errors and exceptions?

By Blogger Krzysztof, At August 5, 2007 2:05 AM

• Hi, Krzysztof, do your pictures have extensions other than jpg,gif and png? If so, you need to add those names into the list to search for.

I have tested on my Fedora, and looks fine.

For errors, you can go to "Tools"->"Error Console" to look for anything suspicious.

If you are talking about "browse cache" button, we have a fix, to be released tomorrow.

By Blogger Chris, At August 5, 2007 3:30 AM

• Fabio, the 2.0 release randomized the pictures now.

lhb1, the 2.0 release can optionally hide sidebar now.

Joachim, the new release should be able to resolve the issue with your pictures.

Thank you all for supporting FoxSaver!

By Blogger Chris, At August 6, 2007 8:18 PM

• I really like FoxSaver but have some problems with it. It works fine with FoxSaver as the image source but I cannot get it to read any RSS feeds or web pages. I am running it on FireFox with Kubuntu Linux 7.10 as my OS. Can you give some tips for me to try to get it read RSS feeds from Flickr? Thanks. Great extension.

By Blogger The Browns, At April 1, 2008 3:26 AM