Sunday, July 8, 2007

Did you know?

FoxSaver Usage:
  1. If FireFox is minimized, FoxSaver won't try to start.
  2. If the window is a pop-up, FoxSaver won't try to start, to avoid annoying ads.
  3. Try several FoxSaver at the same time!
  4. If there are several FireFox windows, FoxSaver will not try to go to fullscreen.
Sumbit Pictures:
  1. Right Click on any picture you like, and "Recommend it to FoxSaver".
  2. The site is in very beta mode. Please bear with bugs.

• Love Foxsaver screensaver but is there some way to have this password protected?

By Blogger -calliope-, At October 9, 2007 6:17 AM

• We tried. But one can easily use task manager to kill FireFox. Seems the password protection is not really protecting anything.

By Blogger Chris, At October 9, 2007 8:44 AM

• How do I get Fox Saver to do its thing? I downloaded and installed the program, but I'm totally lost as to what to do next.... I'm not an idiot, but I don't know what to do next and I can't find it written down anywhere. Thanks.

By Blogger hugheskg, At July 16, 2008 3:57 PM

• hi, hugheskg,

You should see a FoxSaver icon on the status bar. Right click on it, and choose "FoxSaver Start".

If you just left click on the FoxSaver icon on the status bar, FoxSaver will be toggled to off/on. You may be confused by that.

Chris

By Blogger Chris, At July 16, 2008 5:09 PM

• hi chris. I am using my university computers and the CTRL+ALT+DEL task mamanger is disabled here. is there any way you can publish the pass protected version of foxsaver?

Romand.

By Blogger Roman, At September 2, 2008 5:32 AM

• Actually we haven't tried to implement the password protected version yet, being totally unaware that ctl+alt+del can actually be disabled.

Seems on unix/linux box, ctl+alt+del doesn't work, but alt+tab can still easily switch between tasks. So using FoxSaver to protect it would be really false security.

By Blogger Chris, At September 2, 2008 8:33 AM

• When I start FoxSaver, the spinning dot just keeps spinning. A picture never comes up. The checked the directories and they are pointed to the cache directory like they should be. Any Ideas?

By Blogger Roger, At November 14, 2008 6:55 PM

• Roger, are you behind some firewall or any filter? I had similar problem when I am after some corporate filter that's blocking sites like flickr, forums, etc.

By Blogger Chris, At November 14, 2008 9:30 PM