Thursday, March 27, 2008

New FoxSaver Window ScreenSaver!

Now you can enjoy picture without starting FireFox! And you can get benefit from native window screensaver, like better "idle" checking, password protection.

What's more, you can directly vote for the pictures.

The window screensaver supports RSS feeds, local disk pictures also.

Download it from http://www.foxsaver.com/download/FSScreenSaver.exe

• Tried this but it doesnt work. Only get black screen. When attempting to check FoxSaver pictures in the options menu, or use specified folder - the system doesnt retain the settings. I'm using Vista.

By Blogger AVW, At July 16, 2008 6:50 AM

• What about *nix-version? As it is, the FoxSaver is useless at the moment since it doesn't lock the session. Unlocked, unattended computer is a disaster waiting to happen.

By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 8, 2008 10:46 PM

• Thanks. I don't really know anything about unix screensaver programming.

If anyone already has some kind of working screensaver and can retrieve xml rss feeds, please let me know.

By Blogger Chris, At August 9, 2008 12:37 PM

• I really like this!

Check the spelling of main page, it says "How to Submit Picutres?"

regards

By Blogger Juan Q=^D, At September 15, 2008 3:32 PM

• This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 23, 2008 2:14 PM

• I guess I do not understand the whole "club" idea. No real way to get info either. Does this mean that if I join a club I can access their library of pictures? HOW? My cache is only about 15 pictures, do I have to add the pics one by one? Help, need INPUT! LOL! Sick of the pics in my cache already????

By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 10, 2008 4:12 PM

• I just down loaded the google screen saver and it said that it was supported by you. So I joined. I posted my RSS link and says there are no pics. How do I get pics on the feed so I can see the pictures for the club I joined? I am in the wild animal club and would love to see them on my screen when I start up.

By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 18, 2008 7:51 PM

• Hi, Anonymous, you can use this url for wild animal club.

By Blogger Chris, At November 18, 2008 7:55 PM

• Tried foxsaver in firefox 3.5 Beta4 but it doesn't work. It works fine ihe older version. Are you still working on the upgrade?
    Thanks

By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 10, 2009 9:30 AM

• I updated to Firefox 3.5 this past week, and now FoxSaver doesn't display like it did before. Now there're buttons at the bottom of every picture (I'm using my own) and they aren't quite full screen. Any way to get back to the former display?

By Anonymous skywriter, At October 23, 2009 10:20 AM

• FoxSaver will detect whether there are some other firefox windows running. If so, it will not try to go full screen.

By Blogger Chris, At October 23, 2009 10:36 AM